Me Berry Muffin
Easy, healthy, sugar & gluten free. Yummy, too! Have a Me Berry Muffin today!! This muffin is mixed and baked in the same easy cup.
- 1/2 tbsp Nutiva butter flavored coconut oil or butter
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 c Me Alternative Baking Mix
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 tbsp berries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 shakes cinnamon
- monk fruit powder to taste
- 1 large egg
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place coconut oil in an oven-proof cup or ramekin.
Place the cup or ramekin on a baking sheet in the oven. Melt the coconut oil and remove from oven.
Add the remaining ingredients to the cup or ramekin. (Be sure to add the egg last so it doesn't cook in the hot oil.) Mix ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
Bake for 15-17 minutes if using fresh berries. Bake for 17-20 minutes if using frozen berries. Test doneness by sticking a toothpick into the middle of the muffin. If it comes out mostly clean, then the muffin is done.
- I use and love the Pioneer Woman 4-inch ramekins. I picked mine up at Walmart individually. They're approved for dishwasher, microwave and the oven. Also, they're the perfect size for an individual muffin.
- You can increase the servings on this recipe by multiplying the ingredients measurement by the number of servings you want to make.
- Add monk fruit powder to taste. You can easily substitute stevia if you aren't allergic or sensitive to it.
- If you don't have Me Alternative Baking Mix on hand, you can substitute 1 tbsp + 1 tsp each of golden flax meal, almond meal and coconut flour.